Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Zwow #29

Well, I did it. My knees are weak and my legs are shaking but I did it!!! 

Here is a link to the workout I did:
Zwow 29

This workout was titled Brutal Burpees and consisted of:
5 Alt. Pistol Squats
50 Side Hops
10 Plank Row Knee Tucks
10 180-Burpees

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes.

I managed to do 3 full rounds which I was pleasantly surprised with. :) After going over 3 months without a structured workout, I was expecting worse. I was able to do all of the push ups,during the burpees, without doing any on my knees too! I was worried I wouldn't even be able to do 1 proper push up. LOL! 

I am including some pics but I have to explain. I tried to solve my lighting problem by just working out outside and dressing really warm. 

I quickly realized that this was not going to work. My fingertips were numb and there is a snowmobile trail behind me. It was really busy today. With the bare trees, they can see me really good and, well, that's embarrassing. Also, I didn't want to take the risk of having my muscles cramp up because of the cold temperatures. So I moved it into the shop. 

The shop has heat but we have not been using it much so it was cold but not nearly as cold as the outside. I was able to take off my jacket and mittens...and by the end had ripped off the hat and was close to tearing off my shirt. Yeah, it was an intense workout. LOL!

Here are some pics of the exercises. (And, of course, I apologize for the crappy lighting and the disaster that is Jim's golf room.) 

Pistol Squats:

Side Hops:

Plank Row Knee Tucks:

180 Burpees:





 There you have it! Tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm planning on having Wednesdays off because I work after school on Wednesdays and Sundays...BUT, since I'm just starting I might do #30 tomorrow. The only time I could do it is in the morning and I am a horrible morning person...so we'll see. If I'm not here tomorrow I will be here Thurday for sure! So excited to get back into shape!! I hope you'll join me on my journey! Good luck!

Love, 
Lori





No comments:

Post a Comment